!!!Unfortunately, the specialist language course cannot take place in August 2020. We look forward to seeing you next year.!!!
This special language course is aimed at all students of Law and legal practitioners who would like to expand their knowlegde of German legal terminology and of German law itself.
This is what you can expect from the course:
- expert presentations covering selected legal topics (with a focus of civil law)
- intensive special language training to help you prepare for and follow up on the presentations (working with different kinds of law texts and writing short papers)
- an extensive additional programme that will help you improve your oral language skills (for example, attending a criminal trial at the magistrate’s court, getting to know the Faculty of Law at the University of Münster, and visits to a law firm, the Münster police, and a correctional facility).
- all participants must have a German language proficiency level of B2 or higher
- minimum number of participants is 10
Requirements for a certificate worth 5 ECTS points
- regular attendance and active participation in class
- passing a final test
- participation in a debate dealing with a selected law topic